How To Remove Adhesive Tape Stain
Washables and Nonwashables:
- Place a pad of clean paper towel or disposable muslin on the spot.
- Drip a small amount of acetone through the spot from the back of the fabric, allowing it to soak the pad. Take another pad and dampen with acetone, then gently blot the stain, repeating when the fluid evaporates.
- If the garment is washable, or if you intend to take it to a dry cleaner immediately afterward, you can try blotting with Goo-Gone as well. Try this after the acetone is completely evaporated.
- If stain remains, the same step can be repeated with dry cleaning fluid once the acetone is completely evaporated.
- If stain remains, or is completely non-sticky and browned/yellowed from age, repeat the same step except use a combination of 1 part mineral oil & 8 parts dry cleaning fluid.
- Finish by flushing with dry cleaning fluid alone.
Back To Vintage Clothing Collectors' Stain Guide