How To Remove Fruit, Vegetable and Jelly Stains
- Soak in a mixture of 1 tsp liquid detergent, 1 tbsp vinegar, and 1 qt water for 15 minutes, then wash as usual.
- If stain remains, blot with rubbing alcohol, and flush out alcohol with water.
- If stain remains, soak in an enzyme presoak (like Shout) mixed with water, then wash as usual.
- If stain remains, you might try bleaches but use due caution. Our stain removal 101 lists bleach options.
Back To Vintage Clothing Collectors' Stain Guide
- Blot with water.
- Mix 1 part liquid detergent, 1 part glycerine and a few drops of vinegar, then apply with an eyedropper and cover the spot with a clean paper towel or disposable muslin moistened with the same mixture.
- Change the pad as it absorbs the stain, keeping each pad moist but not wet. Blot.
- Flush with water using an eye dropper.
- Repeat if necessary.
- If stain remains, bleaches are an option if used with care (see our stain removal 101 page for more info).