Ask your vintage clothing question - Get an expert answer!Stain Removal
- Bleeding Dyes: What can I do about a red shirt that bled in the wash?
- Body Odor: What will help a smelly item of vintage clothing, after dry cleaning?
- Crushed Velvet: Recently I have been getting crushed marks on velvet. They appear seemingly out of nowhere. What to do?
- Green Metal Corrosion: What do you do with the build-up of metal "gunk" on vintage metal hardware?
Storage & Preservation
- Displaying an Antique Dress: How do I create an antique garment display, and what are the primary issues?
- Preserving a Wedding Gown: How do I preserve a vintage garment for the future?
- Space Bags: Are they a good idea for vintage clothing storage?
- Clothing Depreciation: Can I collect from the insurance company after flood water damaged my vintage clothing?
If your clothing care question is not addressed on this page, feel free to email. You must list the following details in your email:
- the estimated age of the item(s)
- the probable fabric content
- whether the item(s) are particularly fragile
- what you have already tried to solve the problem
- if you are removing a stain, whether or not the item(s) have been heat-dried or ironed
If you email without all these details, you'll receive a reply that routes you back to this page. This helps cut down on ambiguous emails and will result in better advice for you to go on.
Please note, these tips are a compilation of advice from our own experience. Your mileage may vary. Please email if you have any additional tips or if you'd like something addressed on this page that you don't see.